3/30/15

Review: The Hidden Library by Heather Lyons

Genre: NA, romance, fantasy, retelling
Series: The Collectors’ Society #2
Release date: February 26th 2015


Sometimes, the rabbit hole is deeper than expected . . .

Alice Reeve and Finn Van Brunt have tumbled into a life of secrets. Some secrets they share, such as their employment by the clandestine organization known as The Collectors’ Society. Other secrets they carry within them, fighting to keep buried the things that could change everything they think they know.

On the hunt for an elusive villain who is hell-bent on destroying legacies, Alice, Finn, and the rest of the Society are desperate to unravel the mysteries surrounding them. But the farther they spiral down this rabbit hole, the deeper they fall into secrets that will test their loyalties and pit them against enemies both new and old.
Secrets, they come to find, can reveal the deadliest of truths.

My review★★★★★

“You,” Finn tells me, “are a welcome sight.”
As is he. My heart flutters as I take his handsome visage. Tall, sandy-haired, and with the most lovely blue-gray eyes I’ve ever seen, I have been painfully attracted to Finn Van Brunt since the day I arrived at the Institute.”

I’ve never, never, never EVER read a book with such extraordinary characters in the fantasy the genre. They were familiar and unique at the same time. I fell in love with every single one of them, but the bigger part of my heart belongs to Mr. Finn Van Brunt. I was more than happy when I found out that this book was written in two points of view: Alice & Finn.

Alice was again amazing. There were less chapters in her POV, but I didn’t mind that. When I saw her through Finn’s eyes I could see her like I saw her in the first book. Badass, determinate, loyal and loving. She’s such an interesting character! Whenever she stood up for herself or her friend, I was so stunned about her courage and nerve.

“Talk to me, my star” I murmur. Quiet seconds tick by; his fingers have tightened around mine. I lean in and press my mouth against the curve of his jaw, just below his ear.

Finn… well like I said, I love him so, so, so, so much! The chapters in his POV were more than amazing. I loved his little mysterious side and whenever we found out more about his past, the more I fell in love with him. He’s so perfect for Alice and oh my god, the little moments he had whenever he was with Alice were just PERFFFF.

Although Finn & Alice are my OTP, I still have to admit I liked the White King (Jace) a lot! I don’t even have the right words to describe him. Loyal, honest, selfless and perfect just doesn’t cover it. The scenes he had with Finn were SO GOOD. I can see a time where he was perfect for Alice, because what he does for her is just unbelievable selfless. I hope he will find a true love soon and I really really really hope to see him in the next books, because I want more of him!! Now that I think of it... a little novella in his point of view would be kind of awesome too! Heather...? :D

“I’ve fallen in love with you how you make the worst places incredibly romantic. And with the fact that, even though it doesn’t seem like it, we’re so damn alike. You get me when most people don’t.”

The plot of this book is full of action, mystery and romance. They were parts that were very fast paced and where a LOT was happening.  This book has a lot of little storylines that came together at the ending. I could never have imagined the ending. It was SO good! I’m in desperate need of book three. I just want it RIGHT NOW!

Oh by the way, you know the curse of trilogies/longer series? Where the first book is brilliant and then the next books become dull, boring, predictable, …? Heather is certainly not going that way. I feel like she has still a huge surprise that will blow us away completely. She absolutely has the potential to be even more brilliant. Aaaahhhh, this series is epic!!! If you haven’t read the first book: DO IT!

“True love does not have limits or restrictions. True love allows a person to love deeply and unconditionally. True love does not ask you to let go of life. True love encourages you to live.”

No comments:

Post a Comment