2/3/15

Review: Losing Hope by Colleen Hoover

Genre: NA, romance, contemporary
Series: Hopeless #2

'What are the chances that the only two girls in my life I've ever loved . . . I've lost? It's killing me piece by piece every single day.'

Dean Holder has spent the last thirteen years obsessing over the moment that charged his life forever . . . the day his best friend was taken from him.

Holder can't help blaming himself for Hope's disappearance, and looks for her in every girl he meets. Until he finds Sky, who is the spitting image of the little girl that he let walk away all those years ago, only she doesn't know who he is . . .

But while Holder can't help falling for Sky, he also can't shake the responsibility he feels, and the new guilt that is thrust upon him. In order to move forward Holder must dig deep into his past, and with Sky's help, find the peace that he so desperately needs.

My review★★★★

“If I see Grayson at school Monday, I’ll rip his balls off and mail them to you. What’s your new address?”

This book is the sequel to Hopeless, but it’s the same story, just in another POV. This one is in Dean’s POV.

If you read my review for Hopeless you know how much I loved this book. That’s why I’m not going to get into it again in this review. I’m just going to explain to you why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5. I can divide this book in two parts. Part one is before Sky finds out the truth. Part two is after.

“I've loved Hope since we were kids. But tonight? Tonight I fell in love with Sky.”

Part ONE was AMAZING. Reading more about Holder and Less was perfect. I couldn’t stop reading, I was fangirling all the way.

Part TWO was still good, but less… thrilling. Obviously I already knew what was going to happen, so I don’t know… Sometimes I was a little bored because it was so long. I don’t feel like Holder’s POV in part two was as strong as in the first part. I was way more attached to Sky for this part of the book in Hopeless. I hope this makes sense?

“In order to miss someone, that means you were privileged enough to have them in your life to begin with.”

Anyway, what I freaking loved in this book were the letters. SO. PERFECT. Especially the ones in the end… oh god, that was so good! My heart broke into a million pieces ♥

OH! And I LOVE Daniel!! He’s hilarious and what he did for Holder when there were rumors at school was so nice. I can’t wait to read his story in Finding Cinderella!

So, please, don’t get me wrong. Although I didn’t think the second part very thrilling/strong, I still loved this book a lot! And it’s definitely must-read!

“I'm gonna go live my life now, Les. A life I'm actually able to look forward to, and I'd honestly thought I'd never be able to say that. Then again, I'd honestly thought I'd always be hopeless, but I find hope every single day.”

No comments:

Post a Comment