12/14/14

Review: Lies Unspoken by Lisa De Jong

My rating★★★★★
Genre: new adult, contemporary, romance.
Series:  Flawed Love #1

Blurb from Goodreads:

I tried hard not to fall for the bad guy.
My new roommate, Blake, is a jerk—an unemployed artist with a chip on his shoulder. I can’t stand him unless his hands are on me. He makes me desperate for him, and everything he makes me feel.
And then there’s my new boss, Pierce--successful, charming, and extremely good-looking. He goes after what he wants, but what does he see in me?
I try to stay away, but I end up in the arms of exactly who I was hiding from. And when I find out what’s being hidden from me, my heart twists in ways it never should.
I thought I knew him.
I didn't.
The way he kissed me.
The way his hands traveled every inch of my skin.
I thought it meant something, but as it turns out, it was all lies unspoken.

My review:

*ARC received in exchange of an honest review*

Those who know me a little, know that I love When It Rains by Lisa. Lisa is an amazing writer. She makes you love her characters so much and she’s a pro in writing romances. This is why I was super excited when I got the chance to read this ARC. So thanks a lot, Lisa!

“Our bodies pressed together, singing a soulful duet while our tongues dance. He’s my air, my water… everything I need is right here.”

This book is about Lila. Her heart has been broken and she needs to move on. She takes a fresh start by moving to Chicago. Temporarily she is going to move in the empty apartment of her best friend, who’s currently living in Europe. But the universe has other plans for her.

“When I fall, I fall quickly. Love doesn’t come with a parachute; I learned that the hard way.”

On her way to Chicago, she meets Pierce Stanley, an extremely sexy businessman. He’s completely into her and during their short talk, he offers her a job opportunity.

But Lila has other things on her mind right now, because apparently she isn’t the only one settled to live in the “empty” apartment of her best friend. Blake, the hot brother of her best friend, is also living in the apartment. The sexual attraction between Lila and Blake is … oh so very strong!

“Life and its shitty circumstance made him this way, but I fell for him anyway.”

Lila is definitely a likable character. I could connect with her immediately. Me and her were a little similar and I liked that a lot. And Blake is… oh man. Where do I even start? He’s so sexy, hot and sexually frustrating. He definitely has a dark past and some serious problems he needs to get over. He also has these crazy mood swings, but I just couldn’t stop liking him. The way he was with Lila drove me crazy (in a good way!!). I couldn’t get enough of him. And oh god, he’s a painter! After Josh from Isla And The Happily Ever After (by Stephanie Perkins), I didn’t think I would come across another painter, but oh... what these guys can do with paint! Jeez… I might have to find one for myself too! I am obviously a Blake/Lila shipper, I just couldn’t help myself. I have a weakness for sexy mysterious guys :D

“Every time, it hurts a little more because every time, I fall further into him. Maybe, if I sink far enough, I’ll be in his heart, and he’ll feel the same.”

Although I liked him in the beginning, I couldn’t stop feeling a little annoyed with Pierce. Yes, he was still very nice and hot and sexy and extremely well dressed… but I don’t know. I always felt a little intimidated by him. Lila decided to work for him and he made it obvious from the beginning, that he was romantically interested in her. He still made me fangirl a few times, but I didn’t think he was ‘the one’ for Lila.

“Sometimes love just isn’t enough.”

Yes, there’s a love triangle in this book, but not one that drove me crazy because it wasn’t the typical type of love triangle. The unique thing in this book is that the boys share a history together! But it’s unknown to Lila and us (the readers). This mysterious part was so well written! It keeps you guessing through the whole book. Near the ending, truths are revealed and everything explodes in your face. I LOVED IT! But I warn you: there is a cliffhanger! I usually don’t mind cliffhangers, but I REALLY NEED BOOK TWO!! LIKE RIGHT NOW! Ugh… I’m an emotional mess…

"I wish things were different. I wish I'd fallen for him, but it's hard to fall when I'm already down."

So, PLEASE, go read this book! This book has two gorgeous love interests, an amazing main character and LOTS of sexy scenes! What else do you need, right? (except for the sequel haha).

PS: If you like LEMON DROPS… you won’t see them the same way after finishing this book. Made me want to have a Blake and a few lemon drops myself… *sighs* 

No comments:

Post a Comment