12/28/14

Gone Girl: the movie



Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, the book:

Who are you?
What have we done to each other?
These are the questions Nick Dunne finds himself asking on the morning of his fifth wedding anniversary, when his wife Amy suddenly disappears. The police suspect Nick. Amy's friends reveal that she was afraid of him, that she kept secrets from him. He swears it isn't true. A police examination of his computer shows strange searches. He says they weren't made by him. And then there are the persistent calls on his mobile phone.
So what did happen to Nick's beautiful wife?

View it on Goodreads here.

Gone Girl, the movie

To be honest, I don't think I will ever read the book, because I just watched the movie.
I read some reviews (about the book) and I think they are quite similar, so please forgive my "rant" about the movie. I just NEED to talk about it, because this was COMPLETELY FUCKED UP!

Ohmygod. Just ohmygod! I've never been into the thriller genre, but this plot intrigued me, but I was never in the mood to read the book so I watched the movie and I- ... I just don't know what to think!! I don't even know if I liked it! This was just SO messed up. The plot is MIND-BLOWING!!

The ending was dumb though. An open ending for this kind of book is just... not acceptable. I never read any psychological thriller, but ending it like this? What. The. Hell?!

Ugh. Okay. I might the read to book. But not soon anyway. Maybe when I forget half of the movie and can't remember how it ends... THEN I'll read it :D

Okay I think I said enough... *sighs* I feel slightly better now :D

Geez, I can't believe I just wrote a "review" about the movie adaptation of a book (without reading the book!à. I feel like I should use this gif on myself:


No comments:

Post a Comment