10/7/14

Review: Origin by Jennifer L. Armentout (Spoiler-alert!)

My rating: ★★★★★
Genre: aliens, sci-fi, romance, ya, paranormal.
Series: Lux #4

Blurb from Goodreads:

Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.
After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.
All Katy can do is survive.
Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?
Together, they can face anything.
But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on?
And will they even be together?

My review:

WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD!!

Oh man… where do I start?

This book was perfect in every way. I marked so many good quotes/moments (I wanted to mark even more, but I ran out of tabs…).


That kiss broke me down and then rebuilt me. His kiss… well, it made me. He made me. And because of that, I knew it went both ways. He made me, And I made him.”

Okay, here is an attempt at sorting all my thought about this book:

About Katy and Daemon:
“Her beauty struck me hard, like a bolt of lightning right in the chest.” - Daemon
Katy became one of my fav female characters ever. She’s strong, brave, caring, funny and she has a bookblog. But oh god, what Daedalus let her do her was just horrible. Daedalus is just one big horrible mess. She and Daemon didn’t deserve any of it.
Her relationship with Daemon is one to die for. They are so cute and perfect together. I already said this in a previous review I think, but they fit so well together. They are so meant to be. This is why I’m so happy they married each other! I hope they’ll have a little party/official ritual in the future!

“I’d been in the shower for more than fifteen minutes. I was such a girl.”
Aaah Daemon, my baby! I loved reading in his POV. He’s so funny and reading what he actually thinks about Katy is just perfect. Gosh, I want a Daemon in real life ;)

About Dee: I’m happy everything is good between her and Katy! I was afraid she wasn’t going to forgive Katy after what happened to Adam. Their reunion was so heart-warming! I also liked her thinking about Archer. I hope they become a thing :D

About Dawson & Beth: First of all: I’m very happy they are back together and that Dawson looks healthy again. But, Beth being pregnant I totally expected. I prayed for me being wrong, but oh well… I just hope it won’t turn out bad. Like Yvonne said: “I don't need a revision of Breaking Dawn here.”

About Blake: THANK GOD HE’S DEAD! … Actually no. I missed him… He’s my fav ‘villain’ of this series. I loved how much I hated him (if that makes sense). But he shouldn’t have been killed by Katy, she didn’t deserve all the guilt she had afterwards. And idk, his death felt like a minor thing. I expected… more?

About Archer:
“The dude was as charming as… well, as me on a bad day.” - Daemon
Yay for a new character! And I love him! I have to admit, I didn’t really trust him in the beginning, but I just couldn’t dislike him. I mean, he gave food to Katy when she was hungry. He earned bonus points so easily with me :D I’m so glad he turned out to be a good guy! I can’t wait to read more about him. And him being an Origin makes him even more interesting!

About Daedalus: Oh my GOOODDD. They are seriously horrible. Hurting Katy and forcing Daemon to heal her just to prove a point in their stupid experiments was just horrible. I don’t even have another word for it. And that moment the first person Daemon healed ran into that wall was just shocking and disgusting!

About Ash & Andrew: I never really liked them, but I don’t think they deserved to die. To me it felt like Jennifer killed them because they weren’t very “active” in the storyline and because they weren’t very “important”. But I’m glad they are both death and not just one of them, otherwise I don’t think that person could have handled losing two siblings on such a short time.

About Matthew: What a bastard!! I NEVER expected what he did! He’s even worse than Blake. I cannot believe how he could betray his family! Agh, I’m so mad at him and yes, he deserved to die.

About Luc and Paris:
“Oh shit. ET so phoned home, kids.”- Luc
I didn’t trust them in the beginning, just like with Archer. But in the end I liked them both too. Paris so didn’t deserved to die :’( Ugh, how Luc reacted to his death was just heart-breaking! I’m still curious about Luc and his plan with that serum though. I just hope he won’t turn out to be bad.

Plot & ending:
The general plot of this book was amazing. I expected this book to be great, but oh man, it was 1000000000000 better than ‘great’!
The whole thing about Origins is so interesting! Although those kids were a bit creepy. I hope we find out more about them in Opposition.

And this brings me to the big ending. It was one big:

Oh yeah, that gif is so accurate! The ending seriously blew my mind. The fight/war/whatever-you-called-it was crazy! And I don’t know what to think about all those Luxen and I’m soooooooooo curious!

I already pre-ordered Opposition. I just hope it arrives soon after the release date.

“I want to spend every second, every minute, every hour with you.”
Part of me couldn’t believe something that cheesy had come out of my mouth, but it was so beautifully true.
“I want a year’s worth of seconds and minutes with you. I want a decade’s worth of hours, so many that I can’t add them up.”


View this on Goodreads here.

No comments:

Post a Comment