9/28/14

Review: The Elite by Kiera Cass

My rating: ★★★★+0.5
Genre: young adult, dystopia, romance, chick-lit
Series: The Selection #2

Blurb from Goodreads:

The Selection began with thirty-five girls.
Now with the group narrowed down to the six Elite, the competition to win Prince Maxon's heart is fiercer than ever—and America is still struggling to decide where her heart truly lies. Is it with Maxon, who could make her life a fairy tale? Or with her first love, Aspen?

America is desperate for more time. But the rest of the Elite know exactly what they want—and America's chance to choose is about to slip away.

My review:

“It wasn’t like I made his world better. It was like I was his world. It wasn’t some explosion; it wasn’t fireworks. It was a fire, burning slowly from the inside out.”

This book ladies and gentlemen is one big ‘WHAT’. It’s super confusing. For me at least.
I like love-triangles (please don’t judge me), but seriously, I’m as confused as America! I just can’t pick. My feelings are all over the place. I’m Team Maxon since the very beginning, but now I’m seriously hesitating. When she was with Maxon, I basically forgot about Aspen. But the same thing happened with Aspen. They are both so amazing... just until the end… (view spoiler here).

“I remembered suddenly that Aspen had always been this way. He sacrificed sleep for me, he risked getting caught out after curfew for me, he scrounged together pennies for me. Aspen's generosity was harder to see because it wasn't as grand as Maxon's, but the heart behind what he gave was so much bigger.”

This series is very addictive!! I finished the book in a day! I couldn’t put it down. I expected to find out more about the rebels in this book. I mean.. we did, but not enough in my opinion :D This is why I can’t wait to read The One! I’m starting it tonight. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS. I thought I could predict the ending, because of the titles of the books, but now I don’t think I can. I bet so much is going to happen in The One and I’m so excited!!

“I sighed. "Actually, Mom, we argue pretty regularly."
"What?" She gaped at me. "Well, stop it!"
"Oh, and I kneed him in the groin once."
Mom was paler then snow.
"America, tell me you're joking. Tell me you didn't assault the prince."
I don't know why, but the word assault pushed us all on the edge; and May, Dad, and I bent over laughing as Mom stared at us.
"Sorry, Mom," I managed.
"Oh, good lord."



View this on Goodreads here.

No comments:

Post a Comment